This week, we have a special guest post from Andy Morley, a PPC consultant based in the UK.
The decision to outsource PPC efforts is fairly simple; if you aren’t getting the targeted traffic your business needs, the call for help should be placed. PPC consultants are highly specialized experts who can turn around a failing ad campaign or redirect overall profits in an upward direction. Just thinking about hiring a PPC consultant is probably a good indication that the business needs one, here’s why.
1. Focus. Doing it all on your own ties up too much time, burns you out quickly and causes other areas of the business to suffer. Most especially for the start-up; hiring a PPC consultant will free up time and energy that needs to be spent on other areas of a developing business. Even well-established companies need PPC handled efficiently by the experts, so that they can cultivate and cater to customers and other areas of operations.
2. Immediate results. A good PPC consultant can turn things around quickly and effectively, perhaps even recovering some of the revenue already poured into the PPC campaign. With sharp expertise and a keen sense of what works, they will instantly recognize why things aren’t going well and be able to get PPC efforts moving in the right direction.
3. The learning curve can cost you everything. Someone may think PPC is such a straightforward marketing method that they can quickly master it themselves. While this may be true in rare cases, most often the business owner who tries to take it all on himself will be wasting time, energy and other valuable company resources. Somebody else already knows how to do this and do it well; why risk the loss, mistakes and potential customers along the way? The time you spend in the PPC classroom could be much better spent elsewhere.
4. Experience. Most business owners or managers don’t have the time to become AdWords Qualified and keep on top of every SEO update that could result in penalties from Google and literally dissolve all of the hard-earned success fought for. Farming out the PPC responsibilities to other employees will compromise their ability not only to get regular duties met, but also the PPC efforts themselves, given the workload and multiple proficiencies required.
5. Long-term stability. Having a PPC consultant on board means 24/7 access to an environment that is constantly changing and presenting new challenges. Unless you are an idle business owner or have employees sitting around just waiting for problems to emerge, you can’t keep on top of PPC efforts constantly and devote the necessary time to keep it successful. The highly skilled PPC consultant is always up-to-date and ready for anything. That gives a business a predictably stable marketing foundation for the future.
Online marketing campaigns are literally flooding the internet; if a business hasn’t equipped themselves with the tools necessary for success, they will most likely fail. It goes above and beyond survival of the fittest out here: a business needs every single advantage it can get and a PPC consultant is one of them.
Andy morley is a professional PPC consultant based in the east Midlands in the UK.